Kellner, Christopher - Water and Sanitation Association of Zambia (WASAZA)
Expert for Biogas Technology and Sanitation - WASAZA (Water and Sanitation Association of Zambia)
Christopher Kellner has worked during the last 30 years mainly in Africa on different posts engaged in the dissemination of alternative forms of sanitation. The special interest and experience is in biogas technology. He contributed to the development of the CAMARTEC Biogas Unit Design in Tanzania and has adapted and fine tuned the technology to the African context in Ethiopia, Lesotho and Zambia.
- Start with yourself
- What one man can do another man can do
- Simple things are not simple
- Benefits from sanitation: B & B (Biogas and Banana)
- Learn from nature (How did the apple come on the tree?)
WASAZA (Water and Sanitation Association of Zambia) is a partnership association with 320 members. We train and capacitate professionals in the water and sanitation sector. Present emphasis is on the introduction of alternative (ecological) sanitation methods in Zambia. This happens in close cooperation with WASAZA´s main Partner BORDA (Bremen Overseas Research and Development Association).
Recent Project Examples
- DEWATS (Decentralized Wastewater Treatment Systems) for low cost and peri urban areas
- Fecal sludge management in peri urban areas (Groundwater protection)
- Biogas for slaughter houses, Schools and Hospitals
- Water Hyacinth to Biogas in commercial scale
- Demand oriented Biogas Technology for any organic waste (4 – 800 m3 digester volume) from household size to large scale piggeries